Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quotes that made me think snarky thoughts...

Quote: "Our aim should not be more government," he told the business executives. "It should be smarter government." -The Decider

Snark: Did he just say something that makes sense? Wait, Smarter? [poof] Wish granted, delivery date - 1/20/09.

-----

Quote: "...And that's the will of the people. I'm not a dictator. I'm not going to yank anything out from under the will of the people." -Gov. Maverick

Snark: Well we know where she would stand on the legislation against Prop. 8 (but we already knew that one without the dictator comment).

-----
Off topic: Speaking of the legislation against Prop. 8, I don't think it's the best way to fight back because I think people just need help understanding what it really means. But I can't say it as well as Margaret and Helen can.

I also agree with Andrew Sullivan that we will win in the end, it's not right and somehow that seems to win eventually here in the good ol' USA.

No comments: