Monday, September 29, 2008

Would you vote for someone you didn't like?

I've heard from a couple of people now that they don't really like McCain but he's "the lesser of two evils" so they are voting for him. I HATE THAT ARGUMENT. First off there are like five other candidates to chose from, do you like any of them or are you too lazy (against education) to read about them??? I mean seriously people read up on the issues. I have been trying to find valid arguments against Obama because everyone is so convinced that the liberal media is in it for Obama and omitting things on purpose. It would be horrible to use our critical thinking skills and think that perhaps there just isn't as much to report on Obama. Bill Ayers? I'm not even sure I 100% disagree with what Ayers did and knowing a 'terrorist' does not a terrorist make. I know a few lesbians but believe it or not that association has not turned me on to women. Muslim? Please, that's just an excuse for racism as it is clearly not true and "fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself". Reverend Wright? He's a little kooky but no kookier than Palin's witch hunter (in fact far less kooky). Tony Rezko? Okay this may have a little "rub my back and I'll rub yours" truth to it but I don't see much corruption and when compared to McCains corruption record (Keaton Five, Phil Gramm, Lobbyist, Lobbyist, Lobbyist, Bush) I think the point goes to Obama.

The point? None other than what the hell is wrong with education? Just because someting goes against what you previously believed does not mean it is part of a smear campaign designed to make you look stupid.

Everyone should ask themselves this; when was the last time you agreed with something you did not already think, believe or know to be true? We cannot progress without change and sometimes that mean accepting new information and changing your mind.

If you don't like someone DON'T VOTE FOR THEM!!!!!

Geesh.

No comments: