Friday, October 17, 2008

The GOP agenda

This is a fantastic essay on the current Republican party. To the author, I concur.

Why I Hate Today's Republican Party


The craziness of the current talking points of the McCain campaign make me roll my eyes and shake my head. Hearing responses from their supporters, including the recent one by an actual Congresswoman stating that the media should conduct an investigate to weed out "anti-American" members of the senate and congress, make me want to bury my head in the sand and possibly leave the country. These cannot be the beliefs of a majority of Americans, they just can't be.

Examples (disclaimer: I do not believe ALL McCain supporters are nut jobs but the shear volume of the "fringe" caught on tape lately is enough to at least make understand why so many conservatives are distancing themselves from this campaign):

Congresswoman Michelle Bachman (anyone remember, what was it...oh! McCarthyism)


Crazy McCain/Palin fans:












Then there are the robo calls, the mailers, the racist depiction of Obama on a food stamp surrounded by fried chicken, ribs and watermelon, Obama waffles...and this gem from the National Review. That doesn't include the crazy talk radio guy that claimed Obama was a dictator that had his own flag created because he saw a picture of Obama standing in front of the Ohio flag (which happens to have an "O" on it).

No comments: